Here’s a quick DIY recipe if you have some spare time or if you are a DIY hobbyist.
For those of you who are unsure as to the uses of setting/refresher spray, refer to the end of the post!
Let’s get right into it….
What You’ll Need:
- Green Tea – Make sure to brew it in boiling water so that it can release the caffeine in the green tea.
- Distilled Rose Water – Anti-inflammatory and soothing.
- Aloe Vera Gel or Glycerine – Adds moisture into the skin.
- Distilled Water – Do NOT use tap water as this will cause more harm than good.
- Tea Tree Oil – Antibacterial, anti-fungal and can help alleviate symptoms of acne.
- Lavender Oil – Has a calming effect and relieves anxiety. Also anti-bacterial.
- Spray Bottle
How to Do It:
- Make 1 cup of green tea in boiling water (either on the stove or with a jug). Leave to cool.
- Add to the green tea mixture 4 drops of tea tree oil, 2 Tbsp of rose water and 2 drops of lavender oil. Stir.
- Into a separate glass, mix 1-2 Tbsp of your glycerin or aloe vera gel with 6 Tbsp of distilled water. This step you may need to fiddle around with depending on whether you have dry or oily skin. Oily skinned ladies, maybe start with slightly less of the glycerin or aloe vera.
- Combine the 2 mixtures and decant into a spray bottle of your choice. You can usually find these at your local pharmacy.
- Try it out for a few days and if you don’t like how it’s interacting with your skin, play around with the quantities to suit your skin type. You can also add some different essential oil’s. Just make sure they’re safe on the skin.
What is setting/refresher spray?
This is a spray usually used once all your makeup is applied. As powder makeup usually sits on the surface of the skin, setting spray moisturizes the powder beads so it fuses more with the skin allowing it to last longer into the day.
You can also use the spray as a refresher spray throughout the day to give your skin a radiant glow and sheen. If you are lack with timing, there are plenty of good mist toners out there too.
Happy….setting and refreshing!