Recently, I have become obsessed with my new essential oil diffuser. I use it every night before I go to bed and have definitely noticed myself feeling more calm and sleepy and I’m falling into deeper sleeps. I buy about two new oils per week so my collection is slowly growing and let’s just say I’m a little bit hooked.
So, to celebrate my new obsession I thought I would throw together a quick list of some of my favorite combinations of oils that I’ve been using during the winter.
For after a stressful day at the office…Patchouli, lavender and pine
For when you have a cold/flu…Lavender and eucalyptus
For when you’re feeling a little down and ‘blah’…Bergamot and lime (or other citrus oil)
For when you’re feeling sad…Orange and sandalwood
For when you’re studying or need to focus…Eucalyptus, peppermint and lemongrass
For when you want to feel inspired…Sandalwood and ylang ylang
For during meditation…Ylang ylang and/or lavender
Obviously these can be switched out for oils that provide equivalent effects but this is just what I’ve used so far.
Some things to make note of before purchasing essential oils:
- Make sure you are buying an essential oil NOT a fragrance oil.
- Make sure your oil is not close to or past its expiry date. Avoid discounted oils for this reason.
- Read online a little bit about the best oil brands. Some do bend the truth about the true quality of their oils.
- Keep in mind, if the price of the oil seems cheap, then the quality probably is. Some oils can sell for anything up to $200 so you have to educate yourself.
- Your best bet is to talk with a smaller/boutique health food store who stock the E.O’s. They’re usually clued up about their products and the companies they stock.