3 Easy & Natural Halloween Looks Using Alexami Cosmetics
Everybody loves a good dress up party especially at Halloween time. But for those of us who enjoy using more natural and safe cosmetics, it can be hard to compromise on using the local Halloween store makeup that is full of heavy and unhealthy metals and ingredients.
To save you the panic, we’ve kept things natural and simple and put together a versatile bronzed makeup look for you using the Alexami Cosmetics range along with 3 costumes that it can be paired with.
The Makeup Look
What You’ll Need:
- 2-in-1 Hydrating Primer
- Mineral Foundation Powder Glowing Effects – 1 shade darker than normal skin tone
- Mineral Bronzer Sunkissed Effects in Medium Dark
- Perfect Puff Minerals in Coral Pink
- Mineral Illuminating Powder in Gold
- Herbal Mineral Mascara
- Mineral Eye Shadows Dramatic Effect Eyes in Soft Peach and Cappuccino
- Vegan Lip Gloss in Raspberry
- Hydrating Toning Mist
- Prepare the skin using the 2-in-1 Hydrating Primer. Massage the skin gently to stimulate blood flow allowing for a more glowing effect.
- Using a kabuki brush, apply the mineral foundation powder in circular motions over the face and neck (if necessary).
- With a flat top brush, apply the bronzer into the hollows of the cheeks and onto your temples.
- Clean off the flat brush and apply the coral pink perfect puff minerals lightly onto your cheekbones and apples of the cheeks.
- Follow with the illuminating powder onto the upper cheek bone, center of the forehead and down the bridge of the nose.
- With an eye shadow brush, pat the Soft Peach eye shadow onto the whole lid.
- With a blending brush, apply Cappuccino lightly into your crease and blend upward.
- Fill in your brows using an angle brush with an appropriate shade for your hair colour.
- Apply 2 coats of mascara to the upper lashes only.
- Use a toothbrush to gently exfoliate your lips then apply the vegan lip gloss to the whole top lip and middle of the bottom lip.
- To add a final boost of moisture, lightly spritz on Alexami’s Hydrating Toning Mist to the entire face and neck area.
Look #1: Katy Perry in the Roar Music Video
This Californian stunner is known for her over the top, costumey makeup looks and gorgeous false lashes which is why we were shocked to see her in her (mostly) natural glory in her new music video for Roar.
Achieve this fierce Jane of the Jungle look with a few simple and easy-to-make items:
- Leopard Bikini
- Hawaiian skirt (or make your own from faux flax leaves)
- Flower crown
- Brown faux leather straps or belts for around your upper arm and legs
- Strappy sandals
- Apply all the items of clothing.
- Take the brown straps and wrap around your upper arm and another around your lower legs. Feel free to weave it into your sandal if you feel it suits the look.
- Keep your hair wavy and beachy.
- Apply more bronzer to the rest of your body for a full body glow.
Look #2: Daenerys Targaryen from HBO’s Game of Thrones
Transforming into this Mother of Dragon’s is easy with a bit of DIY and an awesome blonde wig:
- Burlap sack
- Instant coffee
- Tank top or corset
- Brown or tanned skirt
- 2 brown and beige belts woven together
- Brown strips of fabric
- White blonde wig (if your hair isn’t blonde already)
- Black or brown roman sandals or other stripy sandals
- Make about 3 litres of coffee and soak the burlap sack and twine in it over night.
- Cut the burlap into random sized pieces.
- Staple, glue or sew the burlap sack over an old tank top or corset so that it takes the shape of it. This doesn’t have to look good or professional. Try braiding some twine together and use them as straps.
- Throw drips of coffee and/or dirt onto the skirt giving it a worn look. Feel free to also add rips, tears and ladders to it and attack it with some sand paper.
- Twist 2 thin belts together and either tie at the waist or buckle if possible.
- Take a dark brown strip of fabric and wrap it around your hands like a bandage (see picture).
- Put on the wig and braid random bits of hair and pin into place with bobby pins either ornately or messily, it doesn’t matter.
Time to take the throne as your own!
Look #3: Belle from Beauty and the Beast
Disney princess costumes will forever be timeless. Tap into those childhood memories and get set to be the beautifully brainy Belle from Beauty and the Beast.
This exact and licensed costume can be bought from most costume stores but we think if you visit a local thrift store, the items will be pretty easy to come by for cheap:
- Blue smock dress/blue midi-length dress with thick straps
- White collared blouse with long sleeves
- White apron
- White petticoat
- Thick blue ribbon
- Mary jane shoes or closed toed flats
- Old school looking book
- Put on the costume.
- Curl your hair with a large barrel curler, part in the middle and brush out.
- Tease at the crown and pull hair into a low pony tail securing with a hairband. Tie the blue ribbon around your pony tail.